Sunday, 20 July 2014

Of the Ruler, Pencil and Eraser ...

Good day my beautiful readers and friends.

I've come across something very interesting today while doing my writing with the Primary Five.
Three 11-year-olds amused us with their 'antics' and they made the whole class learn a new word the 'fun' way.

The three bubbly boys from Primary Five didn't do their homework, as usual. I sent them to a corner and made them complete their work. They did it in barely 20 minutes. I was positive that they could do it on their own as the rest of the class had faced no problem with the task.

When they handed their work to my 'bright spark', she did point it out to me. She was mumbling the word 'PENCIL' a couple of times but I just brushed off her curiosity. I told her that they might have made some spelling mistakes.

As I was grading their piece, I came across this 'gory' finding. It's an exercise on parallel writing and they, literally did write it parallely!

The snapshots of these pieces will tell you the rest of the story...





I'll always remember this incident whenever I do parallel writing. Special attention must be given to the Chicken Littles. They're definitely different from the Bart Simpsons and the Alladins; and for the rest of the class, they'd learned what RULER is ... the fun way, of course!




No comments:

MY POPULAR POSTS