Saturday, 2 February 2013

Kids with straight teeth and crooked morals

Hi there.
I'm back. It looks like I only manage one post per month this year.
No doubt I'm suffering writers block! I have loads of ideas, but I can't seem to get them onto my blog. I only have myself to blame. In the past few weeks, I was so very engrossed with my new found 'toy', the 7 inch tab which wasn't of any help in blog writing.

Eventually, my old haggard PC is sought again. Though it did protest from time to time, my 19 inch LCD monitor still reigns the best, for blogging and doing serious stuff.

Lately, the topic on child's upbringing and values interest me greatly. It saddens me whenever I have to reprimand or deal with children who seem to have little values. My heart goes to them as well as their ignorant parents. It's a real nightmare when you come across these uncontrolled children.



They are worse if their parents are present. And, it was extremely disappointing when the adults did not care to say a word and acted as though everything was normal. This scenario can be witnessed almost everywhere; be it at school, in a shopping complex or during any cultural celebration.

Please do not get me wrong. I'm not against children. I love adorable and well-behaved kids, and they love me too! I'm far from suggesting public punishment or even physical or mental abuse towards children. But, as parents, we should not let society judge us as incompetent in the upbringing of our children.

As The Star columnist, Ms June Wong suggested, besides giving our offspring confidence-boosting Hollywood-worthy teeth, let's not forget to give them the right upbringing and values, too. It seems too many of today's children have straight teeth but with crooked morals.

Image credit.


No comments? It's fine...just click the LIKE button.

No comments:

MY POPULAR POSTS