Friday, 2 January 2015

The Purge ...

Day 2/365



Good day peeps!

Yesterday was the new year; a new beginning for many and it's also a great celebration for most of us. How was yours?

Mine was awesome. We spent half of the day shop till we drop and the other half with our loved ones.

I pampered myself with two pairs of wedges and a handbag. Though I've got one a few days earlier, this bag is meant for work. I need something sturdier and durable in order to withstand the rough nature of my work.

We had 'steamboat' back home, a treat from my dad. Thanks Dad and Mom for the food full of love and compassion. Tucking in together was an amazing experience.

As for today, January 2, the second day of 2015, I decided to lay my hands on the piles of shoes at the doorway. Those shoes have been lying-in-state, covered with inches of dust and grimes ever since we moved in. That was three years ago.

Some shoes were untouched for years. They were either not fit or were no longer needed. They ought to be purged. I decided to send them away. My hubby left them at the 'collection centre' and to our amazement, they were snapped within minutes.

After decluttering, the space is no longer an eyesore and finding shoes is also no longer a chore. I should have done this years ago!

Next project will be the old newspapers.

Sophyta



No comments:

MY POPULAR POSTS