Saturday, 26 November 2011

Kathina 2011...กฐิน ๒๐๑๑

It was two weeks ago when I last updated my blog.
I'm back...and very sorry to have placed my blog status as 'temporarily abandoned'!
In this entry, I'd love to share a cultural and religious activity.
Yes! You've heard me correctly. It's about Kathina (กฐิน)!

If you're unsure what Kathina is, please click here or here for further information.
It's never my intention to have a lengthy explanation here on Kathina.
I'm more inclined to show you our family-get-together in performing the holy rite.

And ... another vital message to be conveyed and understood by all ...
... is to be aware of some thing we are undertaking is Buddhist way of doing things which is technically called Right Understanding. There is more chance for Right Understanding when Right Mindfulness is present...(Bhikkhu Dhammasami)

So...let's savour the colourful pictures of the ceremony...


From the Sengsuwans ...


An array of religious paraphernalia ...


Meticulously prepared...


Specially wrapped ...


Flowers...


Books...beautifully wrapped...


The little princess who joined in the ceremony ...


The two sisters..my beloved mom and her sis...


Waiting ...


The prince and princess...


The entourage led by the big boss...my dad ...


Taking great steps up the holy site...the century-old 'phra ubosodh'


The three great men...hubby, son and dad


Dad...


Son ...


Some of the clan members ...


The grand 'giving'...

Sadhu...Sadhu...Sadhu...


No comments? It's fine...just click the LIKE button.

No comments:

MY POPULAR POSTS