Ok! Ok! Don't fret.
My son wanted me to make him breakfast. Normally, he would gulp down a glass of milk. As he's going to sit for major public examination soon, he realised the need to be fully fueled before going through along day at school. But, he only fancies rice, nothing else but rice.
Almost two weeks into the big breakfast morning, I'm happy to say that I've so far kept to that goal. However, I'm not so happy to say that I'm running out of one-plate rice dish recipes.
Thanks to UcancookThai. I discovered this wonderful recipe, Shrimp Paste Fried Rice. This nutritious one-plate dish recipe could be whipped up in less than 15 minutes if the required ingredients were prepared the previous night. Suit always-rushing working moms like me perfectly well.
4 cups cooked rice
1 Tbsp shrimp paste
4-5 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
Ingredients for side serving
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp thin soy sauce
1 Granny Smith Apple
1/4 cup dried shrimps
2 fresh chillies
200 g. long green beans
1. Peel garlic, wash dirt, and mince. Heat oil in a wok on medium-high heat, when oil is hot, add garlic and fry until fragrant.
2. Add shrimp paste, stir well until shrimp paste is soften, then add cooked rice.
3. Stir to mix thoroughly, then remove from heat.
Preparation for side serving: Thin Sliced Fried Egg
1. Beat eggs, add thin soy sauce, and mix well. Heat oil about 1/2 Tbsp in a wok on high heat. When oil is hot, spread the oil, pour the egg, and spread it in a thin layer over the wok.
2. When the egg set well, roll up, and remove from the wok.
3. Cut cooked egg into thin slices and place on a plate.
1. Peel shallots and remove chillie stems, wash dirt, and pat dry. Thinly slice shallots, slice chillies, and cut lime into pieces.
2. Wash apple and long green bean. Peel apple skin, thinly slice, and shred. Soak in cold salted water (mix 1/2 tsp salt and 2 cups cold water) for 5 minutes to prevent oxidation. Drain, rinse in cold water, pat dry and set aside.
3. Slice long green bean into small pieces and place on a plate with other side ingredients.
Put shrimp paste fried rice on a plate, place thin sliced fried egg, fried dried shrimp, shredded apple, thin sliced shallot, slice long green bean, sliced chillies and a wedge of lime around the rice. Serve immediately.