Thursday, 28 July 2011

Is Winning Everything?





"Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is." 
Zig Ziglar
"Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything."
Vince Lombardi

There are lots of quotes on winning but
only these two caught my eyes. 
Yes! I strongly agree with Ziglar and Lombardi.

Both Ziglar, the motivational speaker and Lombardi, 
the greatest American coach expressed a similar note on winning.
To them ...winning is not everything but the effort
and the will to win is!
And, of course the desire to win matters too!



2 comments:

Kaz said...

That is what I m trying to instill in my kids and also students. I told them million times that it is the effort that will help them to become better people as they will gain a lot through the process.

Sophyta said...

Yes! The effort is everything. One thing about children, especially kids in my school, they're afraid of losing...they said losing hurts badly! Thus, in every competition, only the same pupils would participate, those who're not afraid of losing.

Fortunately, my daughter is one of them. Though she's never won the Mandarin-type contest (she's in vernacular school),losing has never put her off competing!

MY POPULAR POSTS