Friday, 22 July 2011

Beautiful Blogger Award

My very first blogger award from my dear friend, Kaz.


An award in the blogging world comes as a sweet surprise for any bloggers, and so did I when I received it from my dear blogger and real life friend, the sweet Kaz of Kaz Writes. The award bestowed by Kaz leaving me dumbfounded and flattered beyond words. Forgive me Kaz for being so ignorant about the thing calls Blogger Award. Thanks a million dear, you've really made my day!

Kaz is one of the most diligent bloggers I know. I look forward to reading her postings on her two adorable princes, talented hubby and also her quest in baking. Kaz is  great at baking. Though I've never tasted her yummy cakes, the pictures posted beckoning me to savour them.

The Beautiful Blogger Award comes with its own rules...the rules are to confess 7 things people might not know about me, and pass on to other bloggers (I'm not sure how many...).

Here are a few things about myself (some of you might find them interesting...and some might not)...but this is me...


  1. Even though I write and think in English, I apparently converse (with the members of my family) and dream in Thai. It's impossible for another language to overtake my mother tongue, the language that I was born into.
  2. As a child, I thought most vegetables tasted bad. It was due to my aversion to bitter tastes. I wasn't thrilled about eating bitter gourds, broccoli, angled beans and lots more green leafy vegetables. But now, they are my favourites.
  3. I am terrified of snakes and rodents. I'm getting all jumpy thinking about these creatures. I don't have any reasons for being terrified of snakes, mice and rats, except they made my hair stand each time I saw or encountered them. 
  4. I love teaching. When I was a little girl, I used to have  make-believe plays of being a teacher. I 'recruited' my bunch of students who were mostly my younger siblings and friends. I used to have my 'own' school in a small hut behind my parents' house. My dad was very supportive, he made a chalkboard and bought me boxes of coloured chalks.
  5.  Reading is my passion. I would read anything that is legible and decipherable. Inasmuch as reading materials were scarce when I was a little girl, I would resort to reading food packaging, old newspapers used as product wrappings and my dad's ancient scriptures.
  6. I don't like duriansFor those unfamiliar with durians, the durian is commonly known as the “King of the Fruits”, a label that can be attributed to its formidable thorn-covered husk and overpowering odour. The edible flesh emits a very distinctive odour, strong and penetrating even when the husk is intact. Some people regard the durian as fragrant; but I find the aroma overpowering and offensive. To me, the smell evokes intense disgust.
  7. Living in a cottage on a hill is my dream. I love hilly countryside and its magnificent countryside scene. The thought of soaking in its cool fresh air and scent of wild flowers thrilled me.
And now the passing of the baton...beautiful bloggers...

2 comments:

Kaz said...

No wonder your language and writing skills are awesome...the reading habit of yours has definitely contributed to the marvelous talent.
Thanks anyway Chinda for accepting the award. You deserve more than that indeed.

Sophyta said...

Thank you very much, dear Kaz. The award means a great deal to me. It's a booster. I'm really honoured.

I've proudly hung the Beautiful Blogger Award on my wall.Thanks again, my dear friend.

MY POPULAR POSTS