Tuesday, 7 February 2012

One Bird Flew the Nest ...

Like it or lump it, we, mothers have to cope with this. Sooner or later, our offspring would fly the nest. Our children would left home for university and later would settle down, most probably in a faraway land.



Though I have not suffer from the Empty Nest Syndrome, as yet ... ripples of change in our daily life could be felt right away. My big boy had just left for boarding school on the last day of January. He would be in the fully residential school for two years.



The first signs of my son's imminent departure appeared soon after his Form 3 (the last year of middle school) exit exam result was announced. Scoring straight As in the major public exam guaranteed him into the school.



I'm for sure proud of his achievement and I do share his sense of his excitement but... deep down , I feel dejected as he is off. Whenever I walked into his room and sat down on his bed, his stuffed animal, Mr Croc that we (my hubby and I) bought for him years ago stared at me with a sad look in his eyes, or it seemed to me....

2 comments:

Kaz said...

Oh mine....be strong dear. I somehow could understand the feelings and I know I myself will have to experience it one day. Congratulations to u Chinda dear for having excellent kids. May I know in what school is he studying now?

p/s: Chinda, could u please sms me your hp number. I have lost all the numbers after my hubby helped to reformat the handphone.

Sophyta said...

Thank you dear Kaz...he's now at sms pokok sena. as for the hp number, already msg u...

MY POPULAR POSTS