Monday, 12 September 2011

First Anniversary...

Orkut Scraps Wedding Anniversary
Thanks Orkut Greetings!

Today, September 12, 2011 is my blog first anniversary. Hip! Hip! Hooray! This calls for a celebration as this post is my 96th post! Yeah! In a blink of an eye, Sophyta's Casita has turned one and she is short of only  4 posts to 100 posts with this First Anniversary entry.


A year ago, I was very skeptical about embarking on the project called BLOGGING. I had been reading Mas's rambling at LET'S VIEW MY BLOG and Kaz's writing on her family at KAZ WRITES, but it took me ages to muster enough courage to create a blog.

On this given day a year ago, I published this post and started the adventure in the blogosphere. However, only six months later I made up my mind to announce my blog to some very close friends. Wistfully, most of them chose to acknowledge my blog through small messages on FB. I understand them perfectly...to leave a comment on a blog pressing for ideas and views whereas commenting on FB are less wordy. Even so, Mas begged to differ. She was my very first blog commenter, and she still is to this day.Thanks my dear Mas!

Kaz is another friend who deserves enormous credit for encouraging, motivating and supporting Sophyta's Casita all these while. The sweet lady never failed to comment on my posts, and needless to say most of the comments on each post are Kaz's!

Writing this blog has brought so many awesome things and people into my life. It's really amazing. I've met interesting people through the blog whom I'm so glad to call them friends. Here they are ... AmyAsh and Becky, Kim and Robin. These are friends from "the other side" of the world.

Sophyta's Casita doesn't hold giveaways. There is no candy. But, I'm truly appreciative to those who have come a-calling at Sophyta's Casita doorstep. Please accept my big fat THANK YOU hearts!






8 comments:

Khalipah Mastura Khalid said...

dear,
thanks for featuring me in yr anniversary post.truly proud being your fren,but could not help feeling guilty for not being able to really 'support you' with words as time is really not on my side nowadays.I am truly sorry but I just want you to know ,I am very happy with your achievement in the area of blogging.feel like a loser when comparing myself to you.....congratulations and keep it up. love you always.

Sophyta said...

My dear Mas,
Feeling good to read your response on my blog anniversary! Thank you very much. Your words keep me going... your supports sustain my blog's life.
Thanks a million!
I fully understand your situation...all the best in your undertakings!

Amy Sullivan said...

Awww, thanks for the love in your anniversary post!

Yes, yes, one of my favorite parts of blogging is the friends I make along the way (from all different parts of the world...how fun!).

Glad you decided to step out and make your voice known in the blog world.

Here's to another year of posts!

Robin McCormack said...

Thank you for the bloggy love and congratulations on your 1 year anniversary. It's neat how blogging opens up a new wide world and gives us the opportunity to form relationships worldwide. Cheers to another year of blogging.

Sophyta said...

Amy,
Thanks for joining in the celebration. Having your voice here is a great thing that I used to look forward.

Sophyta said...

Robin,
I'll treasure this unique relationship forever and ever. Thanks for accepting me (as your friend).

Kaz said...

Fuh, at last I managed to get in here to post comment. For quite some times, I couldn't get in your comment box for the unknown reason. Luckily my hubby helped me out and here I am.
Tq for featuring me in your blog and happy anniversary to this wonderful blog of yours. The trutruth is though I started earlier than you, mine is just a plain and humble one to be compared to yours. I love reading your writing and have never missed to do so.
Keep up the good work dear. I will always be here to support you. Love u so much Chinda dear.

Sophyta said...

Hi Kaz,
Glad that you could access this comment box. Without you, my ardent commentor...Sophyta's Casita is like a heart missing its beat!
Keep on visting me, dear.
Thanks a million.

MY POPULAR POSTS