I'm looking 40 in the eye.
Yes, I'm moving in the direction of the big 4-0.
Here is a list of things I wish to do before I turn 40.
Driving- accomplished Buy a car- bought Start a blog- done Earn a degree- done Earn a masters degree– graduating soon
- Stop whining
- Lose 30 pounds
- Think outside the box
- Bring something back to life
- Get into the best shape of my entire life
- Learn how to meditate
- Visit a new country
Planttrees - in progress
- Go on a pilgrimage to India
- Create my own website
- Write a short story and get published
- Get my posse to love English - in progress
- Become a GC
- Drive around Penang Island
- Read Sutta Pitaka
- Read Vinaya Pitaka
- Read Abhidhamma Pitaka
- Practise the sutras - practising
- Become fluent in Mandarin
- Discover what makes me truly happy
- Release any feelings of inadequacy
- Allow myself to make mistakes
- Become an early riser
- Kick negative habits
- Become a better public speaker
- Learn to say "no" without feeling guilty
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Learn how to take criticism
- Learn how to take compliments
- Acquire persuasion skills
- Release negative emotions and limiting beliefs
- Develop greater self-esteem and self-confidence
- Learn not to take what others do or say personally
- Reflect on my greatest weakness, and realize how it is my greatest strength
- Learn to act within my sphere of influence and stop worrying about things which are not within my control
My dear readers,
Some of these things you may have done, some you'll want to do, and others you'll never do. And that's all good!
Please share your list of things that you wish to accomplish, say before you turn 20, 30, 40 or .... (fill in the gap).
It'll be fun to compare lists of things one's wish to do.