Tuesday, 28 June 2011

40 ThingsTo Do Before I'm 40 ...

I'm looking 40 in the eye.
Yes, I'm moving in the direction of the big 4-0.
Here is a list of things I wish to do before I turn 40. 

  1. Driving- accomplished
  2. Buy a car - bought
  3. Start a blog - done
  4. Earn a degree - done
  5. Earn a masters degree – graduating soon
  6. Stop whining
  7. Lose 30 pounds
  8. Think outside the box
  9. Bring something back to life
  10. Get into the best shape of my entire life
  11. Learn how to meditate
  12. Visit a new country 
  13. Plant trees - in progress
  14. Go on a pilgrimage to India
  15. Create my own website
  16. Write a short story and get published
  17. Get my posse to love English - in progress
  18. Become a GC
  19. Drive around Penang Island
  20. Read Sutta Pitaka
  21. Read Vinaya Pitaka
  22. Read Abhidhamma Pitaka
  23. Practise the sutras - practising
  24. Become fluent in Mandarin
  25. Discover what makes me truly happy
  26. Release any feelings of inadequacy
  27. Allow myself to make mistakes
  28. Become an early riser
  29. Kick negative habits
  30. Become a better public speaker
  31. Learn to say "no" without feeling guilty
  32. Maintain a positive attitude
  33. Learn how to take criticism
  34. Learn how to take compliments
  35. Acquire persuasion skills
  36. Release negative emotions and limiting beliefs
  37. Develop greater self-esteem and self-confidence
  38. Learn not to take what others do or say personally
  39. Reflect on my greatest weakness, and realize how it is my greatest strength
  40. Learn to act within my sphere of influence and stop worrying about things which are not within my control 
My dear readers,
Some of these things you may have done, some you'll want to do, and others you'll never do. And that's all good! 

Please share your list of things that you wish to accomplish, say before you turn 20, 30, 40 or .... (fill in the gap). 

It'll be fun to compare lists of things one's wish to do.

4 comments:

Amy Sullivan said...

It's fun to read lists like this. It inspires me to do the same. . .as someone who is also looking the big 4-0 in the eye! Plus, when we write things down we remember them, and are more accountable for them. Lots of times I think I want to do something only to later forget all about it!

Sophyta said...

Hi Amy,
It's great to note that someone is joining the 4-0 club, too. Yes, when we write things down and we always come back to them, we'll be more accountable for them. Hope to see your lists soon.

Khalipah Mastura Khalid said...

hi dearie,love reading yr lists.....ermmmmm I wish I could do the same......but nevermind,let that be my own secret for the time being. So far Im nearly 50 percent contented.he he another 50 percent to go,huh!

Sophyta said...

Hi mas honey,
I'm glad to hear that you've accomplished 50% of your wish lists. That's a good one...keep on going my dear.

MY POPULAR POSTS