Thursday, 16 September 2010

Celebrating my homeland's birthday...

     This nation was 'born' 47 years ago, on September 16. From then on, Malaysia Day is held every year to commemorate the establishment of the Malaysian Federation on the same date in 1963. It marked the joining together of Malaya,North Borneo, Sarawak, and Singapore to form Malaysia. However, in 1965 Singapore co-opted out of the federation and became an independent city state. All of Malaysia's people are now called Malaysians. And beginning today, 16 September 2010  is a federal public holiday. Though the recognition of Malaysia Day has come 47 years late, it is better late than never. 
     As most Malaysians, I was brought up to love my homeland. My parents as well as my ancestors, who have resided here (long before the people who claimed this country is only theirs) are law-abiding people. They'd never done anything that might 'hurt or bruise' this peaceful land... and it'll stay true that way.
      We've severed our ties with our 'roots', not because we're no longer welcome there, but due to our immense love and respect to this land. It's our belief that ... your love for the land that has given you 'life' should remain undivided! I don't 'extracted' my land's wealth and safe it else where! I don't 'smuggle' out people's 'right' and tuck them in Swiss bank! I won't migrate to other countries after being 'educated' well by my 'mother'! 
      Those are my pledge to you, Mother Land!
                                               "Happy Malaysia Day!"
     
     

No comments:

MY POPULAR POSTS