Saturday, June 11, 2011

Conquering Myself ...

"To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle."
It's good to read.
It's great to memorise.
However, to practise it seems far fetched.




 I'm well aware that....
"Peace comes from within and we should not seek it without"


The Enlightened One has made it clear, though ...
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. Our mind is everything. We'll become what we think of."
And many a time, this happens ...
" I was not punished for my anger, but was punished by my anger."


Thus, for a very beginning, I resolve to hold onto to this...

"I shall not dwell in the past. I shall not dream of the future. I shall concentrate my mind on the present moment."




1 comment:

Khalipah Mastura Khalid said...

darling chinda:
the difference between a smart man and a wise man is that a smart man knows what to say, a wise man knows whether or not to say it.I think you know yourself better than anybody else and you know how good you are at/in certain areas.

MY POPULAR POSTS